Five trends to watch
- By John Moore
- Aug 11, 2003
Look for the following improvements to the GSA multiple-award schedules:
1. LOWER FEES. In January 2004, the General Services Administration will reduce the industrial funding fee from 1 percent to
0.75 percent, which could boost the schedule's competitive
position and encourage bigger orders.
2. MORE FLEXIBILITY. GSA officials aim to make schedule contracts easier to modify, which should help agencies obtain the latest technology.
3. MORE SERVICES. Services continue to be a hot item on the information technology schedule, while IT planning services have become popular on GSA's Management, Organizational and Business Improvement Services schedule.
4. GREATER CUSTOMIZATION. GSA provides agency-specific electronic storefronts through its GSA Advantage Web site.
5. TIGHTER INTEGRATION. GSA Advantage may link directly to agencies' procurement systems to accept electronic orders.