PAR pilot pluses
The Office of Management and Budget’s pilot program to improve the readability of Performance and Accountability Reports has already lightened agency workloads and improved the quality of information disclosed to the public, said Sheila Conley, deputy chief financial officer at the Health and Human Services Department.
She said the program allowed HHS to:
- Simplify the reporting and disclosure of performance information.
- Press for more effective collaboration between the finance and budget offices.
- Integrate performance reporting with budget justification.
- Work more carefully because of the pilot program’s later deadline for the PAR.
- Reduce the number of calls to internal organizations for information.
Mary Mosquera is a reporter for Federal Computer Week.