Green regulations: Who knew?
The Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool and the EPEAT Registry are intended to help federal buyers find green technology. Our survey asked readers if they were aware of the program and the associated policies. Here is what we found.
- Sixty-three percent of respondents have not heard of EPEAT.
- Fifty-two percent have not heard of Federal Acquisition Regulation Part 23.705, which requires federal agencies to buy EPEAT-registered products.
- Sixty-seven percent were not sure —whether their agency is currently buying EPEAT-registered products.
- Seventy-three percent have never used the EPEAT product registry.
- Fifty-two percent of the respondents who had used the EPEAT registry found it a useful tool.