How gung ho are your co-workers?
According to OPM’s 2011 Employee Viewpoint Survey results, almost all feds agree with this statement: “When needed I am willing to put in the extra effort to get things done.”
Among 265,711 feds who responded to that statement, 32.6 percent agreed with it, and 64.3 percent strongly agreed with it, for a total affirmative response of 96.9 percent.
Another 2.2 percent of respondents were on the fence, and neither agreed nor disagreed. Only 0.5 percent disagreed, and 0.4 percent strongly disagreed.
Applying the math, an overwhelming 257,473 of those 265,711 feds indicated that they would do what it takes to get things done.
The very high percentage certainly makes this result stand out. But since this is a “viewpoint” survey after all, we’re wondering how this plays out in practice.
It seems to beg the question: Do 97 percent of your co-workers really put in the extra effort to get things done? Or would you say it’s closer to 80 percent? Or 70 percent?
What do you think?
Posted by Phil Piemonte on Sep 23, 2011 at 12:13 PM