Klossner: Could Obama unilaterally vote contestants off “American Idol”?
Recent reactions to a proposed Senate bill on cybersecuity have left some fearful of whether President Obama (and future presidents) are being given too much power. To get a flavor of that, check out the reaction to FCW’s original Web story (be sure to click “View all comments").
In looking through the fine print for humor purposes, I was able to discover additional administrative powers. It turns out the president will also be able to:
* Pick Facebook friends without them being able to refuse him.
* Vote contestants off of American Idol.
* Declare call-waiting part of the axis of evil.
* Turn off the presidential spell check.
* Designate the entire Stevie Wonder catalogue on iTunes the "free song of the day."
* Use more than 140 characters in his tweets.
* Stop the sale of all cereals with chocolate/peanut butter combinations.
* Drive through EZ Pass toll booth lanes without slowing down.
* Declare every basket he makes to be three-pointers.
* Get the all-time high score on Wii Golf.
Posted by John Klossner on Sep 30, 2009 at 7:01 PM