5 steps to a successful cloud-centered future
The Software & Information Industry Association has issued a guide with five recommendations to help federal CIOs and IT companies work together to effectively transition to a new cloud-based environment, reports Rutrell Yasin at Government Computer News.
The association's Public Sector Innovation Group released the guide as part of the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s Cloud Computing Forum and Workshop, Yasin writes. The five recommendations, in brief, are:
1. Continue to promote the “Cloud First” policy developed in 2010.
2. The Office of Management and Budget and the General Services Administration should work together and with industry to review and recommend changes to capital planning and procurement regulations.
3. Promote changes to the federal acquisition process and culture to ensure they keep pace with evolving technology and address issues raised in the original 25-Point Plan that have not yet been resolved.
4. Lower the barrier of market entry for small businesses.
5. Develop a comprehensive federal IT strategy road map.
To read the full story, including more details of the recommendations, click here.
Connect with the FCW staff on Twitter @FCWnow.