Join FCW for a discussion of the benefits of and obstacles to implementing the OMB vision for Federal cloud programs. This virtual FCW Executive Briefing will provide a snapshot of where agencies have been successful with cloud implementation, as well as the strategies and service options available to ease the actual and cultural transition for the Federal IT community.
Nearly two years ago, the Federal CIO issued the Federal Cloud Computing Strategy, to encourage the adoption of cloud computing by “requiring agencies to evaluate safe, secure cloud computing options before making any new investments.” Not all Federal IT professionals have embraced this mandate with enthusiasm, but agencies gradually are making progress to meet the stated cloud computing requirements in the policy.
Watch this OnDemand video presentation to learn:
• An overview of the Federal Cloud Computing Initiative in early 2013
• How technology is evolving to enable secure cloud computing applications
• Key components of the Federal Cloud Computing Technology Roadmap
• How to leverage government cloud expertise and emerging standards
• The role of cloud computing as a transformative tool for Federal IT infrastructures
• Legislative perspectives on progress and what’s next for agency cloud programs
• The salient issues for agencies as they evaluate how to proceed with hosted environments
You'll also hear from these keynote subject-matter experts:
Program Manager for Cloud Computing, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Department of Commerce
Senior Specialist in Science and Technology, Congressional Research Service