OASIS RFPs issued

OASIS logo

The General Services Administration issued the final two requests for proposals for its much-anticipated $10 billion OASIS one-stop services contracts on the last day of July, opening the door for responses from potential contractors in late summer.

One RFP is an unrestricted contract that includes 50 percent small business subcontracting goals; the other is a 100 percent small business set-aside.

GSA considers One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services (OASIS) to be a one-stop shop designed to reduce duplication of contracting efforts across the government and provide federal agencies with comprehensive, integrated professional services contract options.

OASIS is an indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity contract that aims to meet the cross-government demands for professional services. The next-generation contract was designed to address agencies' needs for management and consulting, professional engineering, logistics and finance. OASIS will also offer ancillary support services.

The two final RFPs, officially released by the agency's Federal Acquisition Services (FAS), contain a Sept. 17 deadline for contract submissions.

"Working very closely with federal agencies on requirements and soliciting industry feedback were two key parts of the development process for the final RFPs," FAS Commissioner Tom Sharpe said in a statement. "As a result of the tremendous amount of input we received, we believe OASIS will fill the substantial need for a hybrid, government-wide acquisition vehicle that has great potential to reduce the number of full-and-open procurements across government and drive extraneous costs out of the acquisition process."

According to GSA, OASIS will drive better outcomes for the federal government by helping to reduce costs and expenses, improve operating efficiency and increase focus on socioeconomic contracting goals.

GSA said that it had invited industry to provide feedback on a variety of issues through whitepapers earlier this year and had met with more than 110 contractor responders in one-on-one sessions to get the most comprehensive contracting options for federal agencies. That feedback, it said, had been considered in finalizing the RFPs for both contracts.

About the Author

Mark Rockwell is a staff writer at FCW.

Before joining FCW, Rockwell was Washington correspondent for Government Security News, where he covered all aspects of homeland security from IT to detection dogs and border security. Over the last 25 years in Washington as a reporter, editor and correspondent, he has covered an increasingly wide array of high-tech issues for publications like Communications Week, Internet Week, Fiber Optics News, magazine and Wireless Week.

Rockwell received a Jesse H. Neal Award for his work covering telecommunications issues, and is a graduate of James Madison University.

Click here for previous articles by Rockwell. Contact him at or follow him on Twitter at @MRockwell4.

FCW in Print

In the latest issue: Looking back on three decades of big stories in federal IT.


  • Anne Rung -- Commerce Department Photo

    Exit interview with Anne Rung

    The government's departing top acquisition official said she leaves behind a solid foundation on which to build more effective and efficient federal IT.

  • Charles Phalen

    Administration appoints first head of NBIB

    The National Background Investigations Bureau announced the appointment of its first director as the agency prepares to take over processing government background checks.

  • Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.)

    Senator: Rigid hiring process pushes millennials from federal work

    Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.) said agencies are missing out on younger workers because of the government's rigidity, particularly its protracted hiring process.

  • FCW @ 30 GPS

    FCW @ 30

    Since 1987, FCW has covered it all -- the major contracts, the disruptive technologies, the picayune scandals and the many, many people who make federal IT function. Here's a look back at six of the most significant stories.

  • Shutterstock image.

    A 'minibus' appropriations package could be in the cards

    A short-term funding bill is expected by Sept. 30 to keep the federal government operating through early December, but after that the options get more complicated.

  • Defense Secretary Ash Carter speaks at the TechCrunch Disrupt conference in San Francisco

    DOD launches new tech hub in Austin

    The DOD is opening a new Defense Innovation Unit Experimental office in Austin, Texas, while Congress debates legislation that could defund DIUx.

Reader comments

Please post your comments here. Comments are moderated, so they may not appear immediately after submitting. We will not post comments that we consider abusive or off-topic.

Please type the letters/numbers you see above

More from 1105 Public Sector Media Group