It’s been a decade since "Cloud First" was put forth as a formal goal of government. In that time, agencies have moved from wary experimentation to straightforward “lift and shift” efforts to, increasingly, enterprise as-a-service solutions. The question is no longer whether to leverage cloud services, but how best to do so.
Yet as the easier moves to the cloud have been made, the remaining systems and workloads require decidedly more complex approaches. And while significant progress has been made in developing effective cloud acquisition vehicles and deployment best practices, many agencies still struggle with the scoping, support and security challenges that come with a robust cloud ecosystem.
The 2021 FCW Cloud Summit will explore how agencies can more effectively manage cloud migrations -- before, during and after the transition –and how to leverage new services for cloud-native mission support. Cloud Summit participants will come away with a better understanding of:
- How and why leading agencies chose their cloud solutions
- Business drivers for different types of cloud
- A risk-based approach to cloud security
- The pros and cons of security compliance automation
- TIC 3.0 and other keys to secure cloud operations
- How to determine what workloads are appropriate for which types of cloud
- Recruiting and training cloud talent