Mr. Garciga is the Joint Improvised Threat Defeat Organization (JIDO) J6 Chief and Chief Technology Officer (CTO). In these roles, he provides technical leadership, oversight and direction for mission and enterprise information technology planning, research, development, experimentation, validation, acquisition, accreditation and application of future information technology programs, architectures and capabilities within JIDO. His expertise enable the rapid integration of cutting-edge technology for counter-IED and counter threat network operations and intelligence support to a myriad of missions for the Department of Defense (DoD) and U.S. national security.
Mr. Garciga is also the technical advisor to the JIDO Director and his senior staff and; serves as the JIDO technical lead and information technology integrator to the DoD, Intelligence Community, S&T community, U.S. government interagency, coalition partners, non-governmental organizations, academia and industry. In this capacity, he serves as JIDO’s technology ambassador through engagements and collaboration on information technology innovation and emerging technologies.
A strong proponent of "continuous everything", Craig and his teams are at the forefront of government efforts to harness the cloud for application delivery. Having spent most of his career supporting the federal government in technical leadership roles, Craig firmly believes that the most successful agencies empower their development teams to experiment with, and adopt new techniques and technologies; and tailor enterprise standards and processes to support innovation on delivery teams.
• 2015 – PRESENT, JIDO, Reston, VA, J6 Chief / Chief Technology Officer
• 2014 - 2015, JIEDDO, Reston, VA, J6 / Principle Deputy Chief Information Officer
• 2012-2014; JIEDDO, Reston, VA, COIC Chief Technology Officer / Deputy Chief Information Officer
• 2009-2012; JIEDDO, Arlington, VA, Knowledge & Information Management Division Chief
• 2008-2009; USJFCOM, Joint Transformation Command – Intelligence (JTC-I), Suffolk, VA, Information Technology Specialist
• 2007-2008; Navy Engineering Logistics Office Detachment Norfolk, VA, Mechanical Engineer
• 2003-2007; Navy Engineering Logistics Office Detachment Norfolk, VA, Engineering Technician
• 1998-2003; United States Navy: USS Boise SSN-764 & USS Memphis SSN-691, Nuclear Qualified Machinist Mate First Class; E-6/MM1 (SS) Mechanical Division Leading Petty Officer
• 2008 Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA; Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering Technology
• 2009 East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, Graduate Certificate Organizational Management
• Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA; Master of Engineering, System Engineering; in progress
• 2009 USJFCOM Senior Leadership Development Program - Aug 2009
• 2007 Naval Academic Fellowship Program - Old Dominion University Engineering Department
• 2003 Naval Nuclear Mechanical Operator “A” School – Orlando, Florida
• 1999 Nuclear Power Training Unit – Ballston Spa, New York
• 1998 Naval Nuclear Power School – Orlando, Florida
• 2012-16 DoD IAM-III 8570 Certified: GIAC-GSLC
• Big Data Infrastructure and Analytics, Advanced Visual Analytics, Software Systems Engineering and Integration, threat network analytics within Hadoop based systems
• C++, C#, .NET, Java, Ruby, Python and HTML programming/scripting languages.
• DoD acquisition policy and procedures, to include R&D and S&T experience
• Design/Implement Web and Cloud based systems; Windows 2003/2008 R2 and Linux based server operating environments; virtualized environments using both VMware and Microsoft Windows Hyper-V across DoD unclassified, classified and coalition networks
AWARDS AND HONORS:
• 2014 Secretary of Defense Medal for the Global War on Terrorism
• 2014 Commanders Award for Civilian Service (x2)
• 2010 Joint Civilian Service Achievement Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS:
• Armed Forces Communications and Electronic Association
• American Society of Naval Engineers
• American Society of Mechanical Engineers
• Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (serves as ODU mentor)