The core requirement of M-19-21 is for the federal government to embrace electronic records management -- to stop archiving paper. Yet any agency that focuses strictly on document conversion and digitization is missing the opportunity to truly modernize its approach to records management.
Fortunately, many of the initiatives now underway suggest agencies are seizing that opportunity, and taking a holistic approach to re-imagining what true electronic records readiness can mean for critical missions.
Please join us for our third event* in this series exploring the challenges and opportunities that come with government's push to paperless records management, and the strategies first-mover agencies are putting in place.
Discussion topics include:
- How solicitations are being structured to support M-19-21 compliance
- Making electronic records part of broader modernization efforts
- New technologies and their mission impacts
- The role SIs can play
- Finding the funding and scoping appropriately
- NARA's evolving role -- key milestones and available assistance
*This the third of four events exploring the changes required to implement entirely electronic records management and comply with M-19-21. Videos of presentations from the first event, held in December 2019, are available here. Videos of the presentations from the second event, held in March 2020, are available here.