The Department of Defense's cloud strategy aims to transform virtually every aspect of the warfighting effort, and has resulted in a rapidly growing ecosystem of both general-purpose and fit-for-purpose clouds.
Some of those efforts are unique to DOD, reflecting the scale, missions and austere operating environments of military operations, while others are readily transferrable to most any agency. All, however, hold valuable lessons for those looking to leverage cloud to improve government operations.
Attendees learned about DOD’s most important cloud initiatives and the modernization and mission needs they are supporting.
Event attendees came away with a better understanding of:
- The latest on MilCloud 2.0 and next steps for DEOS
- How JEDI delays are affecting cloud initiatives
- What CMMC means for cloud services
- Classified cloud provisioning
- Why cloud is essential to DOD’s data strategy