As agencies push their modernization and digital transformation efforts forward, they know that the foundation of the work must focus on the network level. Right before the pandemic hit, the CIO Council provided a white paper to help agencies lay out a plan for their next generation networks. It discussed how new and emerging technologies will change networks of the future and predicted increased use of 5G wireless networks and software defined wide area networks. But the COVID crisis shifted priorities to quickly serving a large remote workforce. Now, agencies face deadlines for transitioning their services to GSA’s Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS) vehicle and must adapt to a new hybrid infrastructure.
Attendees learned how agencies are responding to the many challenges and how they have addressed the issues.
FCW Workshop featured government and industry experts sharing the lessons they have learned and the results they have been able to achieve.
Attendees came away with an improved ability to:
- Understand the importance of updating network systems architecture
- Streamline the inventory of current network systems
- Manage increased data volume across hybrid networks
- Understand how to take advantage of GSA support services for EIS transition
- Improve your organization’s FITARA score which now includes EIS progress
- Increase your agency's use of “as a service” offerings available from telecom carriers