Transitioning to the cloud can bring a hailstorm of management, budgeting and other issues without the right information and support. One improvement has come with the standardization of procuring cloud solutions through FedRAMP, which in FY16 passed the mark of having more FedRAMP compliant procurements than not. The result is across-the-board improved security in commercial cloud solutions.
There are multiple avenues to improve the process and outcomes of cloud transitions, federal-wide. From the Modernizing Government Technology Act to GSA’s Technology Transfer Service and its Cloud Center of Excellence to NIST’s collaboration with the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers for interoperability, interagency support is available.
This event will bring together government and industry leaders to discuss available support for making transition to the cloud as seamless as possible. Some topics may include:
- Understanding the Modernizing Government Technology Act
- Funding vehicles and strategies for short- and long-term cloud investments
- NIST standards for cloud and the IEEE Intercloud Working Group
- Buying cloud services like a business: pros and cons
- Using a cloud broker: what’s in it for your agency
- Risk management and mitigation strategies
- The ins and outs of FedRAMP