IT modernization has been a federal priority for years, but many agencies still struggle to turn that goal into a practical plan of action. Securing multi-year funding is one challenge, but the fundamental obstacle is often the sheer complexity of transforming government-scale systems.
Smart, successful modernization demands a holistic approach that addresses several essential pillars: security, network infrastructure, multi-cloud architectures, data solutions and the user experience. Weaving all these elements into a clear and coherent modernization strategy is undeniably difficult, but there are proven methods of doing so -- and the payoffs can be dramatic.
This FCW Workshop featured government and industry experts in each of these disciplines, sharing the lessons they've learned and the results they've been able to drive at key federal agencies.
Attendees came away with an improved ability to:
- Identify the connection and overlaps between disparate IT initiatives
- Leverage governmentwide programs and mandates to support mission-specific needs
- Build stakeholder support for a holistic modernization strategy
- Translate executive-level strategy into practical action plans
- Avoid silos as new technologies and mission needs enter the modernization discussion