Air Force issues software BPAs
- By Paula Shaki Trimble
- Feb 14, 2000
The latest series of blanket purchase agreements — worth $300 million — awarded by the Air Force's Standard Systems Group will bring Information Technology Tools (IT2) customers discounted, name-brand software products.
SSG on Monday announced BPA awards to Federal Data Corp., Greenbelt, Md.; GTSI, Chantilly, Va.; and Logicon Inc., San Pedro, Calif., to bring the Defense Department Tivoli Systems Inc., Remedy Corp., Hewlett-Packard Co. and Axent Technologies Inc. software products at a lower price than the General Services Administration's Federal Supply Schedule. The BPAs have an initial term of two years.
The current lists of IT2 vehicles are:
* Desktops: Dell Computer Corp., Gateway Inc., Micron Electronics Inc. and CDW Government Inc.
* Printers: GTSI, Comark Federal Systems, Westwood
* Rugged Portables: Cytec, GTSI, Inacom
* Software Development and Maintenance: Quality Research Inc., Centech Group Inc., RS Information Systems, Madison Research Corp.
* Network Products: FDC, Force 3, GTSI, Unisys, World Wide Technology
* Software: FDC, GTSI, Logicon Inc.
Upcoming BPA awards will include network solutions, workstations, supplies and accessories.