USPS eBillPay system
- By Natasha Haubold
- Apr 10, 2000
The USPS eBillPay system offers customers the following benefits:
* A secure Web portal to pay any individual or business via the Internet.
* A Web site where recurring payments, such as mortgage payments or
utility bills, will be made automatically.
* The ability to schedule single payments up to a year in advance.
* A single point of entry that will notify customers that a payment
* A Secure Socket Layer system to ensure that connections and information
* A 40-bit or 128-bit encryption process to make sure information is
unreadable as it passes over the Internet.
* An electronic postmark system that will be available soon to notify
the recipient and the sender if a document has been tampered with.