CIA records management initiatives
- By Dan Verton
- Apr 17, 2000
Proactive Electronic Records Management
* Will have an electronic repository by fiscal 2002.
* Automates records creation, maintenance and retrieval.
* Provides audit trail and monitors access to restricted information.
* Phase 1: E-mail.
* Phase 2: Microsoft Corp. Office applications.
* Phase 3: Integration of cable messaging and administrative systems.
Space Management and Retirement Tracking
* Tracks hard-copy documents at the desktop, folder and document levels.
* Automates retrieval and tracking through bar code system.
* Requires guidelines for entering data into SMART about electronic
Management of Officially Released Information
* Handles FOIA requests, congressional inquiries, public requests.
* Stores and retrieves classified full-text documents.
* Provides online image editing.
* Automates case management with distributed workflow.
* Provides online database for support materials for declassification