Sprint services added to the General Services Administration's FTS 2001 contract:
Sprint services added to the General Services Administration's FTS 2001
* Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) services, which will increase the number
of ports, permanent virtual networks and user network interfaces (UNI) and
allow for the bundling of T-1 lines.
* Dedicated transmission services, which will provide high-quality, dedicated
bandwidth on an all-fiber-optic network for agency-specific networks and
* High-speed frame-relay services that will increase the number of UNIs,
access speeds, port speeds and frame-relay services. They also will allow
agencies to receive and decipher information no matter what transportation
vehicle — such as an Internet service provider — is used.
* Internet Protocol services, which will allow access to the Internet, dial-in
access to local-area networks or host from a remote or mobile location.
They will also enable additional interfaces and the ability to order payload
data speeds that closely match the data rates needed.
* Managed network services, which will allow Sprint to design, manage and
implement an agency's network. Sprint will offer services ranging from managed
router service to managed hubs to managed ATM services.