An OMB Guide to Paper Cuts
- By William Matthews
- May 08, 2000
The Government Paperwork Elimination Act requires agencies to be able
to conduct business with individuals and organizations and store records
electronically by Oct. 21, 2003.
To comply, some of the key steps agencies must take are:
* Be able to accept electronic documents and digital signatures.
* Assure the privacy of personal information.
* Provide electronic acknowledgment that electronic filings have been
* Develop reliable systems of electronic recordkeeping.
* Automate information processes where possible.