What's the holdup?
- By Bryant Jordan, Natasha Haubold
- May 15, 2000
* Delays in awarding the FTS 2001 contract.
* Agencies' decision not to put new technology in place until after
the Y2K rollover.
* GSA's inability to force transitions because FTS 2001 is not mandatory.
* Extension of the FTS 2000 contract to allow agencies additional time
* FTS 2000 vendors offering the same services and prices as FTS 2001.
* Agencies not switching like-for-like services and in turn needing
to redesign networks before transitioning to FTS 2001.
* FTS 2000 incumbent did not win the FTS 2001 contract; agencies anxious
about switching their long-distance service provider.