Funneling federal business to women
- By Dan Caterinicchia, Dan Caterinicchia, Natasha Haubold
- May 29, 2000
President Clinton's executive order released last week requires agencies
to award 5 percent of all contracts to small, woman-owned businesses by:
* Developing a long-term comprehensive plan to award more contracts to woman-owned
* Designating a senior acquisition official to identify and promote
contracting opportunities for woman-owned small businesses.
* Developing a mentor/protege program that includes woman-owned businesses.
* Offering industrywide training and technical assistance programs
for woman-owned businesses.
* Requiring agencies that fail to meet the 5 percent goal to establish
an action plan on how they will meet the goal in the future.