Snail mail to cyberspace
- By Heather Harreld
- Jun 05, 2000
* Electronic Postmark, which can be attached to Internet communications
to protect documents by detecting if a file has been tampered with in transit.
* eBillPay, which allows customers to pay bills online via a secure
* Post Electronic Courier Service (PosteCS), which notifies senders
when a document has been sent, when the recipient has been notified and
when the recipient has opened the document.
* High-speed Optical Character Recognition mail sorters, which process
up to 12 envelopes per second and affix a bar code on the front to enable
additional automation processing.
* PC Postage, which allows customers to use their PCs to buy stamps
via the Internet and print them directly onto envelopes or labels.