Five layers of system protection
- By Paula Shaki Trimble
- Jun 19, 2000
Under direction from the FAA Office of Information Systems Security, five
layers of system protection will be examined at each Federal Aviation Administration
* Personnel security: Who is allowed to enter FAA facilities and what do
they have access to?
* Physical security: What types of encryption, firewalls and other computer
security are in place?
* Compartmentalization and Information Systems Security: What type of system
is the data on and does it interface with other systems?
* Site adaptation: What is the fingerprint for each facility? What are the
* Redundancy: What backup systems are in place? How do you perform procedures
manually if a system is compromised?