- By Patrick J. Walsh
- Jul 03, 2000
Designing the ANSWER program required the expertise of state agencies
and outside vendors.
The state's responsibilities:
* Department of Information Systems — responsible for project management,
data warehousing, database management support and Unix system support.
* Department of Human Services, Division of County Operations — responsible
for all aspects of training.
The vendors' responsibilities:
* TRW Inc. — responsible for developing the batch interface, revising legacy
online transactions, converting files and testing support components.
* Electronic Data Systems Corp. — responsible for developing the graphical
user interface, database and testing support components.
* IBM Corp. — responsible for providing all necessary hardware components.