Measure for Measure
- By Heather Harreld
- Jul 10, 2000
A snapshot of what monitoring tools and services assess:
* Operational status of Web servers.
* Web volume thresholds and associated response times.
* Response times with 56K connections vs. T-1 lines, cable modems and
Digital Subscriber Lines.
* Page download times.
* Transaction completion times.
* Uptime percentages of Internet service providers or third-party hosts.
* CPU utilization.
* Memory utilization.
* Disk input/output rate.
* Top resource-consuming processes.