PeopleSoft rewritten for Internet
- By Paula Shaki Trimble
- Jul 14, 2000
PeopleSoft Inc. announced this week its newest release of e-business and
enterprise resource planning tools that will help federal managers move
their human resources and financial management systems onto the Internet.
PeopleSoft 8 was completely rewritten for the Internet and offers browser-based
access and integration across enterprise boundaries, according to a July
11 company statement. The server-based software decreases costs by eliminating
the need for software on users' computers other than a standard Internet
PeopleSoft products are being used in ERP implementations at the Agriculture
Department and the U.S. Mint.
PeopleSoft 8 for the U.S. Federal Government includes:
* PeopleSoft Customer Relationship Management.
* PeopleSoft Financials certified by the federal Joint Financial Management
* PeopleSoft Human Resources Management for the U.S. Federal Government.
* PeopleSoft Supply Chain Management.
* PeopleSoft Enterprise Performance Management.
* PeopleSoft Learning Solutions and PeopleSoft eProcurement.