Solving the procurement shell game
- By Diane Frank
- Jul 17, 2000
Goals for the Federal Acquisition Management Information System:
* Reach agreement among federal agencies on data requirements that support
the legislative mandates and align with the needs of agency business processes.
* Improve the accuracy of reporting by reducing input errors and input
* Eliminate the need for agency feeder systems.
* Reduce system costs by eliminating rework.
* Reduce the overall cost of data collection at the agency and federal
* Improve accessibility of data to end users, including agencies and
stakeholders such as small businesses.
* Ensure that legacy data can be included in statistical analyses.
Source: The FAMIS steering committee, www.acq.osd.mil/ar/cmc.