Other SAN appliance vendors to watch
- By John x_Zyskowski
- Sep 11, 2000
* Compaq Computer Corp. Its product, the SANworks Management Appliance,
won't support data virtualization or remote mirroring until next year. But
the company ships more canned SAN solutions than any other vendor, so it's
expected to be a significant player in the SAN appliance space.
* DataDirect Networks Inc. Its SAN DataDirector provides SAN management,
also called volume management, and acts as the RAID engine for the SAN.
* StoreAge Networking Technologies Ltd. This small start-up ships an
appliance with a relatively complete list of essential SAN functions, but
it lacks the market reach of bigger, more established storage companies.
* TrueSAN Networks. Like Gadzoox Networks Inc., this company sells a
SAN appliance that uses the SANsymphony software from DataCore Software
* Veritas Software. This storage software market leader is re-packaging
its SAN volume manager software so that it can work on a turnkey SAN appliance.
Source: FCW and Enterprise Storage Group Inc.