Working for the future
- By George I. Seffers
- Sep 25, 2000
DOD's Acquisition 2005 Task Force has a complex but straightforward job:
Ensure the department has the best civilian acquisition workforce to handle
future management challenges. Below are some recommendations pre-sented
in a draft of its final report, "Shaping the Acquisition Workforce of the
* Develop and implement human resource strategic plans.
* Market DOD as a great place to work.
* Develop acquisition workforce recruiting programs.
* Maximize use of the Student Educational Employment Program to recruit
* Maximize use of existing hiring authorities.
* Establish and enforce acceptable timelines for the hiring process.
* Conduct an acquisition pay comparability study.
* Make pay more competitive.
* Expand public- and private-sector recruiting efforts and make it
easier to apply for DOD acquisition positions.
* Establish a central DOD acquisition career management Web site.
Source: Defense Department