Internet use guidelines
In accepting the installation of software to access the Internet on his/her
PC, the employee whose signature appears below agrees to conform to the
following guidelines regarding Internet access.
These guidelines have been approved by the County Manager.
1. The employee acknowledges that Internet access is being provided
solely to assist in gaining access to information and materials that are
related to the execution of the employee's job duties, and agrees to restrict
Web activities to sites pertaining thereto.
2. The employee agrees that Internet access will not be used to generate
or receive correspondence or materials that would be construed as fraudulent,
illegal, harassing, obscene, indecent, profane or intimidating.
3. The employee agrees not to augment Web browser software (or any county-provided
software package) with externally generated programs or add-ons that potentially
could introduce viruses into the county's computer environment.
4. In the course of accessing and utilizing materials found on the Internet,
the employee agrees to comply with any copyright or licensing laws pertaining
5. The employee agrees not to download from the Internet, and/or circulate
among other county staff, any programs or accessories not specifically
authorized for use by the Department of Information Services.
6. The employee recognizes that the information on county Internet usage
is a matter of public record and that no user is assured anonymity regarding
their degree of Internet usage and the specific sites visited.
7. The employee agrees to close Web browser software and thereby disconnect
from the Internet when not actively engaged in Web research, thus reducing
the usage of the county's Internet connection.
8. The employee acknowledges that failure to comply with the above criteria
may result in the removal of Internet software and any other disciplinary
measures deemed appropriate by the employee's supervisor.