At a glance
- By George I. Seffers
- Oct 16, 2000
Navy Marine Corps Intranet
* Potentially worth $6.9 billion.
* Covers 350,000 seats.
* Navair, which requested to be the first Navy group to transition
to NMCI because it had a number of information technology contracts up for
renewal, will require 40,000 seats.
* Initial fielding of NMCI at Navair will be followed with fielding
at the Navy sea community.
* Includes about 40 service level agreements, which reward Electronic
Data Systems Corp. for outstanding performance and penalize it for poor
* A customer satisfaction incentive could provide up to $150 million
annually in additional payments to EDS.