Experience is the best teacher
- By Colleen O'Hara
- Jul 09, 2001
Agencies are responsible for posting on the Procurement Executives Council's Web site any positions they might have available as part of the Acquisition Rotational Program.
Employees interested in applying for an assignment posted on the site must first get permission from their supervisors. The "home" agency will continue to pay the salary of an employee who goes to another agency on a temporary basis. Program benefits for detailees, according to PEC guidance, are many.
For instance, workers will:
* Gain new experience in their current career field.
* Broaden their experience base in a new area.
* Prepare for future positions, which may include supervisory and management positions.
* Hone technical skills.
* Gain a better understanding of the host and home agencies' functions and operations.
* Have an opportunity to network across the government.
* Gain exposure to different working environments.