- By Judi Hasson
- Aug 06, 2001
The Internal Revenue Service is overhauling its modernization team with the addition of high-level industry and government executives to help advance its program. Here's who is on the new team, their new job at the agency and where they worked before:
* Helen Bolton — director of human resources policy and programs at Modernization Information Technology Services (MITS); former deputy assistant secretary for human resources at the Department of Veterans Affairs.
* Jeff Cooper — director of telecommunications at Information Technology Services (ITS); former chief information officer and vice president at Marriott International.
* Fred Forman — executive program adviser for the Business Systems Modernization Office; former chief technology officer at American Management Systems Inc.
* Stan Ratcliffe — director of transition management at MITS; former manager at Electronic Data Systems Corp. and Andersen Consulting (now Accenture).
* James Rinaldi — chief of ITS; former senior vice president at Marriott International.
* Larry Rodgers — special assistant to commissioner at the IRS; former acting chief financial officer at the IRS.
* James Stricklin — director of Web Services at ITS; former director of technology client services at AOL Time Warner Inc.
* Kathleen Turco — director of Financial Policy, Planning and Programs at MITS, where she'll head the $1.5 billion information technology appropriation as well as the $300 million to $400 million annual account for modernization; former IRS deputy chief financial officer for strategic planning and budgeting.