MicronPC delivering speedy desktops
- By Dan Caterinicchia, Dan Caterinicchia
- Aug 28, 2001
To accommodate its government and business customers that demand the fastest processing speeds on the market, MicronPC LLC announced Aug. 27 that two of its existing lines of desktop PCs will use the 2 GHz Intel Corp. Pentium 4 processor.
MicronPC's ClientPro and Millennia desktops featuring the new Intel processors are designed for small to medium businesses and government customers, said Paul Petersen, MicronPC vice president of product marketing and development.
The company last week announced its commitment to Intel microprocessors in those markets.
Petersen said the 2 GHz machines would help those customers "maximize productivity and reduce the total cost of ownership."
The MicronPC ClientPro CG desktop equipped with the 2 GHz processor costs $2,399 and includes:
* 128M of RDRAM (Rambus dynamic RAM).
* 20G ATA-100 7,200 RPM hard drive.
* 52x variable-speed CD-ROM drive.
* NVidia Corp.'s GeForce MX200 video card.
* Integrated Intel 10/100 Ethernet local-area network.
* Microsoft Corp. Office XP Professional.
* Microsoft Windows 2000 with Windows XP Professional upgrade coupon.
MicronPC's federal customers include the Army, Air Force and the departmentso f Energy, Interior and Health and Human Services.