Focus on five
- By Diane Frank
- Sep 03, 2001
President's management agenda
The president's management agenda focuses on five initiatives:
* Integrating budget and performance by following through on the mandate in the Government Performance and Results Act of 1993 to tie program performance to budget decisions.
* Strategic management of employees includes shrinking the distance between policy-makers and the em.ployees who provide services, and developing civil service reforms such as performance-based compensation.
* Competitive sourcing under which agencies compete against the private sector to determine which organization can perform a commercial type of service more efficiently.
* Improving financial performance by going beyond clean financial audits to improving the accuracy and usefulness of data in agency financial systems to foster better mission decisions.
* Expanding electronic government through use of the Internet and commercial technologies to make it easier for citizens to interact with agencies.
Source: Office of Management and Budget