MicronPC offers speedy systems to government
In an effort to meet the demand for ever-faster processing speeds among government and business users, MicronPC LLC announced Aug. 27 that two of its lines of desktop PCs will feature the 2 GHz Intel Corp. Pentium 4 processor.
The ClientPro and Millennia desktop computers featuring the latest Intel processors are designed for small- to medium-size organizations, said Paul Petersen, MicronPC's vice president of product marketing and development.
Petersen said the 2 GHz machines will help government and business users "maximize productivity and reduce the total cost of ownership."
A reasonably equipped ClientPro CG desktop with the 2 GHz processor costs $2,399.
Peace Corps launches new site
The Peace Corps launched a redesigned Web site last week that officials hope will encourage more people to apply to be volunteers, raise awareness of the agency's activities and streamline its internal workflow.
The new site (www.peacecorps.gov) is the first phase of a multiyear effort to redefine the Peace Corps' online presence. The site was designed by Washington, D.C.-based Threespot Media.
Highlights of the site include:
* A searchable database of volunteer stories.
* Expanded content and resources on more than 70 host countries.
* A refined focus on recruiting applicants, as well as expanded content to support retaining volunteers.
* Additional information and resources for minorities, older applicants, and family members and friends of volunteers.
* Additional information to support the more than 160,000 returned Peace Corps volunteers.