The facts on eFACTS
- By Jill Rosen
- Sep 03, 2001
EFACTS is the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection's online
database. It uses geographic information system technology to bring together
segregated DEP data so people can get complete information about any regulated
facility. Users can run checks by name of facility or owner, or search all
facilities in a given city or county. It allows the agency and the public
to search for the compliance history of a DEP permit holder and the status
of all permits at a site.
For more information, go to www.dep.state.pa.us/efacts.EFACTS, which stands for Environment Facility Application Compliance Tracking
System, contains six core modules:
1. Authorization application processing.
2. Program-specific inventory details.
4. Bonding and forfeitures.
6. Self-monitoring report tracking.
Questions eFACTS can answer include:
* What regulated activities are in my area?
* Are the facilities in my area in compliance?
* What are the most frequent violations?
* What steps are being taken to deal with violations?