Banned by the bench
- By William Matthews
- Sep 24, 2001
The Judicial Conference of the United States has adopted a "model appropriate use policy" that imposes a strict prohibition on most personal uses of office computers.
* Downloading music and movies.
* Creating, downloading, viewing, storing, copying or transmitting sexually explicit material.
* Using computers for gambling.
* Dealing with material related to illegal weapons.
* Accessing material that could congest, delay, disrupt or incur costs for government systems or equipment.