- By Judi Hasson
- Sep 24, 2001
JMAR home page
How the Joint Medical Asset Repository works:
* JMAR is the Pentagon's recognized source for joint medical logistics information.
* Information is gathered every 24 hours from local military hospitals around the world and automatically uploaded into JMAR's data system.
* Information includes the inventory status of medical equipment and supplies from fixed units, blood inventory status and expiration reports.
* Information is available online to authorized users.
* Eventually, JMAR will provide arrival information at the battlefield.
Source: Defense Department