Cyber Security Research and Development Act
The act calls for spending as much as $878 million over five years to boost computer security research.
The National Science Foundation would receive $568 million to:
* Fund scholarships and research in computer and network security.
* Establish cybersecurity programs at the undergraduate and master's degree levels.
* Fund doctoral fellowships in computer and network security.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology would receive up to $309 million to:
* Pay for university and industry research partnerships.
* Fund senior researchers in cybersecurity.
* Offer postdoctoral fellowships in research.