Army picks Anteon for overseas IT support
- By Dan Caterinicchia, Dan Caterinicchia
- Aug 20, 2002
The Army Network Engineering and Telecommunications Activity recently awarded Anteon International Corp. a five-year, $10.8 million contract for information technology support services at overseas locations.
Contract work includes engineering, installation and technical oversight of information management upgrades and installations.
* Developing engineering installation plans, including drawings.
* Designing local- and wide-area networks.
* Performing computer systems security assessments.
* Designing cable systems, microwave radio systems, satellite communication systems, fiber-optic systems and technical control facilities.
Work on the contract, which was announced Aug. 19 and awarded last month, has already begun and is based mostly in southwest Asia, according to Fairfax, Va.-based Anteon.