- By Dan Caterinicchia
- Oct 21, 2002
The Defense Information Systems Agency's Net-Centric Enterprise Services program seeks to provide tools that can be used across the Defense Department. They include:
* Enterprise systems management.
* Messaging, which includes communications via radio and instant messaging.
* Discovery, which encompasses data retrieved from myriad sources, including signals intelligence or unmanned aerial vehicles.
* Collaboration, which will be set up to focus on a specific mission or assignment and could include inter-agency and coalition members.
* User assistance.
* Security, which covers data as well as measures for accessing the system.
* Storage of the massive amounts of information already on the networks and data that will be collected in the future.
* An infrastructure to host and organize the data.