The new team
Last week's elections mean shifts in several congressional committees that help set the technology agenda.
Here's the likely lineup:
* Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) -- New chairwoman of the Senate Governmental Affairs Committee.
* Sen. John Warner (R-Va.) -- New chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee; supporter of procurement reform.
* Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) -- Gives up Senate Judiciary Committee chairmanship, becomes ranking minority member; big supporter of Internet issues.
* Rep. Sherwood Boehlert (R-N.Y.) -- Chairman of House Science Committee; big supporter of IT research spending.
* Rep. Tom Davis (R-Va.) -- Likely chairman of House Government Reform Committee; big IT supporter.
* Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) -- Co-chairman of the Congressional Internet Caucus.