Aerospace commission's recommendations
- By Megan Lisagor
- Dec 01, 2002
In findings released Nov. 18, the Commission on the Future of the U.S. Aerospace Industry called for a range of actions including development of real-time, space-based communications.
With unanimous support, the commission made the following nine recommendations to the Bush administration and Congress:
* Pioneer new frontiers in aerospace technology, commerce and exploration.
* Make modernization of the air transportation system a national priority.
* Create a space imperative.
* Adopt a policy that invigorates and sustains the aerospace industrial base.
* Establish a national aerospace policy and create a governmentwide management structure.
* Reform export controls.
* Design a new business model.
* Reverse the decline in the aerospace workforce and promote its growth.
* Increase investment in basic aerospace research.