ECS III: A buyer's guide (I-K)
As part of our coverage of the Electronic Commodity Store III program, Federal Computer Week has compiled a synopsis of the products and services available from ECS III contractors.
The information is not comprehensive some contractors sell thousands of products but the listings show the breadth of offerings available from contractors and highlights products or services of particular interest, giving customers an idea of where to start shopping.
The contact information was downloaded from the ECS III Web site and verified by the companies. The contractors provided product/service categories and highlights, although this information has been edited for clarity and length.
Contract no.: 263-03-D-0511
Address: 8180 Greensboro Drive,
McLean, VA 22102
Contact: Walter Hupalo
Phone: (703) 749-0864
Fax: (703) 356-2023
Web address: www.igov.com
*otebook and desktop computers, workstations, servers, enterprise software, network equipment, including wireless, telecommunications equipment, information security and storage.
* Lancope Inc. StealthWatch behavior-based intrusion-detection system.
* iDefense Inc. iAlert information security intelligence service.
* AirMagnet Inc. wireless local-area network management and security tools.
Information Technology Engineering Inc.
Contract no.: 263-03-D-0551
Address: 11405 Bronzedale Drive,
Suite 100, Oakton, VA 22124
Contact: John Abdullah
Phone: (703) 934-6130
Fax: (703) 934-6131
Web address: www.iteonline.com
Desktop and notebook computers and
accessories, servers, network equipment, storage-area network equipment, firewalls, mail and groupware, operating systems, database software, enterprise management software, security management and maintenance support; design, engineering, operations and maintenance service, deployment and installation service, server consolidation analysis, security assessment and training classes.
* Multivendor enterprise management software from BMC Software Inc., Aprisma, Altiris and other vendors.
* Servers, desktop and notebook computers and storage-area networks from Hewlett-Packard Co.
* Fixed price and labor hour service, from planning and design through deployment and maintenance.
Insight Public Sector (formerly Comark Government and Education Sales)
Contract no.: 263-03-D-0525
Address: 4433 Brookfield Corporate Drive
Chantilly, VA 20151
Contact: Jeff Armstrong
Phone: (703) 227-2916
Contact: Elise Snight
Phone: (703) 227-2926
Web address: www.ips.insight.com
Desktop computers, laptops, handheld
devices, peripherals, standard and scientific research workstations, operating systems and software, networking and telecommunications equipment, support services.
* Harris Corp. Security Threat Avoidance Technology products, including STAT Neutralizer for preventing intrusions and STAT Scanner for assessing vulnerabilities.
* Ixos Software AG e-business document management software.
* Palm Inc. m515 and i705 handhelds.
Intelligent Decisions Inc.
Contract no.: 263-03-D-0538
Address: 4080 Walney Road
Chantilly, VA 20151
Contact: Zaman Khan
Phone: (703) 322-3341
Fax: (703) 803-4137
Web address: www.intelligent.net
Commodity hardware and software; alternative analysis, configuration management, asset management, policy management and network/systems configuration and related services; business application services, Web development, systems architect, systems development and related services; e-commerce, legacy systems integration, project management, mainframe systems migration; information assurance, intrusion management, security assessment and related security services; seat management, leasing, asset management and related services.
* Dell Computer Corp. systems.
* Opsware Inc. automated management software.
* Stratum8 and TippingPoint Technologies Inc. security solutions.
Intelligent Enterprises Solutions LLC
Contract no.: 263-03-D-0532
Address: 6901 Rockledge Drive,
Bethesda, MD 20827-0076
Contact: Patrick Krause
Phone: (301) 581-1099
Fax: (301) 581-2573
Web address: www.iesinfo.com
*etworking, telecommunications and scientific workstations.
* Marconi Corp. asynchronous transfer mode and other broadband networking equipment.
* Extreme Networks IP/Ethernet hardware and software.
* Enterasys Networks Inc. multilayer switching, high-end switch routing and other network equipment.
James River Technical Inc.
Contract no.: 263-03-D-0524
Address: 4439 Cox Road
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Contact: Thomas Mountcastle
Phone: (804) 935-0150
Fax: (804) 935-0165
Web address: www.jrti.com
Modeling and simulation, decision support and virtual reality technology.
* SGI high-performance computing and
* Fakespace Systems Inc. interactive visualization technologies.
* VRCO Inc. immersive virtual
Knowledge Information Solutions Inc.
Contract no.: 263-03-D-0560
Address: 176 S. Rosemont Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Contact: Guy Timberlake
Phone: (410) 290-5118
Fax: (410) 381-1939
Contact: Philip Bernhardt
Phone: (757) 463-0033
Fax: (757) 463-3971
Web address: www.kis.bz
Small, disadvantaged business
Mobile and desktop computing, Intel Corp.-based servers, networking products and services, network security products, telecommunications installation printers and multifunction products, peripherals and maintenance.
* KeyGhost Ltd. KeyLogger, an encrypted hardware device for recording keyboard entries.
* Plethora Technology Inc. Secure Virtual Workspace, a remote access solution for telework and disaster recovery/business continuity applications.