OPM reopens Recruitment One-Stop contract
The Office of Personnel Management will recompete the controversial contract for the Recruitment One-Stop e-government project.
In a FedBizOpps.gov notice
, OPM last week said it will issue a full and open solicitation by July 31 for its jobs Web site at www.usajobs.opm.gov
The decision comes more than a year after the Government Accountability Office sustained a bid protest of the original contract and seven months after Rep. Tom Davis (R-Va.) chairman of the Government Reform Committee, threatened to withhold project funding if OPM did not recompete the contract (April 19 GCN story)
OPM, which originally awarded Monster Government Solutions of Maynard, Mass., a 10-year $62 million contract, issued a request for information in March to see what other technologies are available (March 31 GCN story)
“Chairman Davis appreciates OPM's decision to move forward with a new RFP,” said David Marin, committee spokesman. “This decision satisfies the process-oriented concerns he raised with [OPM]Director [Kay Coles] James.”
OPM’s decision was not a surprise, a Monster official said.
“OPM is not recompeting this contract because of our contract performance, it is more because of political pressure based on GAO protest,” said Brent Pearson, general manager of Monster Government Solutions. “We feel pretty comfortable with our chances of winning it again. We know we are performing well under the contract, OPM is satisfied with the work we are doing and the feedback we are getting from agencies also has been positive.”
OPM extended Monster’s first contract through Sept. 30, and Pearson said the agency has not approached him about another extension.
OPM said the new contract will be firm fixed price for one base year and four, one-year options.
Vendors’ systems should provide:
- Searchable access to federal job vacancy listings
- E-mail notice of job matching
- Online resume development, storage and submission that is integrated with every agency’s staffing and hiring systems
- Online application status tracking that is integrated with every agency’s staffing and hiring systems
- Employer services for job posting, job announcement creation and resume database mining
- Content and links to information about the federal employment process and other agency Web sites.
Connect with the GCN staff on Twitter @GCNtech.