Army names IT brass
- By Frank Tiboni
- Mar 28, 2005
Army Chief of Staff Gen. Peter Schoomaker announced Monday the appointments of five generals to major information technology positions in the service and the military. They include:
* The appointment of Brig. Gen. Carroll Pollett to commanding general of the Army’s Network Enterprise Technology Command. He takes over for Maj. Gen. James Hylton.
* The appointment of Brig. Gen. Dennis Via to commanding general of the 5th Signal Command/Deputy Chief of Staff, G-6, Army Europe and Seventh Army, Germany. Via currently serves as the deputy director for operations at the Defense Information Systems Agency and the deputy commander for the Joint Task Force for Global Network Operations. He will take over for Pollett.
* The appointment of Brig. Gen. Randolph Strong to commanding general of the Army Signal Center at Fort Gordon, Ga. Strong now serves as the director, J-6, for Pacific Command at Camp H. M. Smith, Hawaii. He will take over for Brig. Gen. Jan Hicks.
* The appointment of Brig. Gen. Jeffrey Foley to director of information operations, networks and space in the Office of the Chief Information Officer/G-6 in Washington, D.C. Foley now serves as the director, J-6, for Central Command at MacDill Air Force Base, Fla. He will take over for Maj. Gen. Dennis Moran.
* The appointment of Maj. Gen. Dennis Moran to vice director for command, control, communications and computer systems, J-6, for the Joint Staff in Washington, D.C.