SAIC's Piatt elected to IAC post
- By Judi Hasson
- Jun 07, 2005
The Industry Advisory Council announced the results of its 2005 executive committee election for six positions with terms starting July 1.
Bill Piatt, IAC’s vice chairman who oversees the shared interest groups, has been elected to fill the executive vice chair position that Ellen Glover will vacate when she becomes chairwoman of the board.
In addition to Piatt, of Science Applications International Corp., newly elected executive committee members, who will serve until June 30, 2007, include:
* Vice chairwoman for communications —Karen Smith, of Smith Associates.
* Vice chairwoman for professional development — Leslie Barry, of Computer Associates.
* Vice chairwoman at large — Deirdre Murray, of Sprint.
* Vice chairwoman at large — Sally Turner, of CGI-AMS.
They will join the current executive committee members, who are in the midst of two-year terms that end June 30, 2006. They include:
* Chairwoman — Glover of Dynamics Research Corporation.
* Vice chairman for management and finance — Paul Cohen of Pragmatics.
* Vice chairman for programs — Joe Draham of GTSI.
* Vice chairman for outreach - Bruce McConnell of McConnell International.
* Vice chairman at large — Daniel Chenok of SRA International.
“I look forward to working with the talented group of individuals elected to the IAC Executive Committee,” Glover said in a statement. “The energy and dedication of this committee will be invaluable in serving IAC’s members, broadening member participation and furthering its mission of partnering with the American Council for Technology in leading the IT community to improve government.”