Health IT for federal employees
- By Mary Mosquera
- Sep 26, 2008
Source: Office of Personnel Management
- Ninety-seven percent of Federal Employee Health Benefit plans had taken steps to educate their members on the value of health information technology.
- Fifty-one percent of the plans, representing 90 percent of FEHB enrollment, offered some kind of personal health records (PHRs) to their members.
- Eighteen percent of those plans reported that federal employees provided information to their PHRs.
- Sixty-seven percent of the plans have online physician or hospital cost estimators or comparison tools on their Web sites.
- Twenty-three percent of plans provide financial incentives for their providers for e-prescribing.
Mary Mosquera is a reporter for Federal Computer Week.